Sunday, March 18, 2007

5 and 6

Parallelism is everywhere. Especially evident in todays consumeristic society we see a lot of repetition of the same product over and over again pleading in a sense to its viewer to be commodified. It is so funny how we fall into the trap subconsciously. For instance, I was one of those people who like doing exactly the opposite of the masses. It was very disturbing when I realized I found myself vouching for the product with a familiar brand name over something unfamiliar given the circumstance that it was my first time ever using a product of that kind. This would not make sense to a lot of people and I understand that. I guess there are pros and cons of this just like anything else. But looking at a bigger picture I would say that our very own understanding of everything and anything has been a victim of parallelism.
For example, unless we're in a system that defines good and bad we wouldnt really know the difference. It would just be an act. Parallelism has been used over and over again to keep us under control to help us understand the system that was long here before anyone of us; for better or for the worse.
Multiples really help us understand the best of options that are available to us. With a simple judgement of compare and contrast and a little critical thinking I think we can come to a conclusion as to what best suits us. For instance there are thousands of brands of shampoo available to us but which one do we pick? Well eventually we do make up our mind based on what best fits us or so we think. This is a very good pratice at least I believe it to be. However, I am still unsatisfied because I think that we should have been given that option for everything for example which religion we choose to follow other than the fact that you were just born into it. I understand that this may be a very sensitive subject but if you think about it I think it would work a lot better than the mess we are in today. Ironically but not surprisingly I find parallelism to be guilty for our misfortune.

I really hope that it made sense!!!
: /

No comments: