Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wonder...

What creates wonder in the human mind. This is the idea that became most intriguing to me while reading the selections from Rick Poynor, and mostly, Mr. Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonder. The human mind is so wide and vast, ideas are constantly flowing in and out. It is interesting to think about how the mind handles these actions. How a satirical newspaper can become something of intense wonder, while an ancient artifact from India can have the same affect.
In reading these selections I began to understand more about what sort of concept or idea I may decide to do for the class project. I though about wonder… and what wonder was and is to me. And in my opinion I believe that wonder is what is most important about the selections that there chosen for us to read. I also thought that these projects laid before us this semester are possibly about not following conventions, and digging deeper inside ourselves to truly create something that is artful with wonder, yet scientific in it’s delivery.

No comments: